Recipe: Ginseng Martini
A delicious twist on the classic dry vodka martini.
Read about Ginseng Vodka by clicking here for the article.
- 60 ml Ginseng Vodka
- 15 ml Dry Vermouth
- Garnish: lemon twist & ginseng rim
Add ice cubes, vodka and vermouth to cocktail shaker, seal tightly and shake to chill. Strain into a chilled martini glass with ginseng rim (see notes). Add lemon twist.
- To chill the glass, fill with ice cubes and stand until ready to serve, then tip out ice cubes and gently wipe glass with a clean dry cloth.
- For the rim of the glass I used a ginseng spice from 41 South in Tassie. Replace with cracked pepper.
- Empty generous amount of spice mix onto plate or board. Rub glass rim with lemon wedge, turn glass upside down into spice mix and coat.
- Tip: leave for 1 minute to dry before inverting. Gently shake off excess & wipe inside of glass with clean tea-towel.
- Another tip: only do ½ of rim, as a mouth full of spices isn’t too tasty.